The Research Assistant is an essential team member in the conduct of pharmaceutical studies. A Research Assistant will assist the research team by providing complete clinic support including but not limited to patient recruitment, recordkeeping, data entry, quality assurance support, supply maintenance, patient support, phlebotomy, and EKG testing. The Research Assistant will be crucial in supporting the successful launch, enrollment, maintenance and completion of clinical projects under the direction of the Clinical Research Coordinator, Investigators and Site Director.
The ideal Research Assistant will have an associate’s degree or certificate in a health-related field (e.g., Medical Assistant). A high level of interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, staff, physicians, study sponsors, and/or members of the community is required. Proficiency with at least Microsoft Office is a must. CPR certification preferred.
Candidate must possess the following:
- Proficient typing and data entry skills.
- Time management skills.
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional professionalism.
- Commitment to excellence and quality patient care.
- Must be able to results-oriented and quick learner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Clinicians and the research team.
- Ethical compass that compels the candidate to be honest, detail-oriented, and self-driven.
- High-level critical thinking skills.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of all active study protocols.
- Accurately enter and conduct thorough reviews of clinical trial data (Case Report Forms) on daily basis to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Work closely with clinical research team to resolve data discrepancies to ensure accurate data entries.
- Enter pertinent medical history and demographic information from potential study participants into computerized database.
- Work with clinical team to address sponsor monitor findings as needed.
- Request medical records/reports from General Practitioners as needed.
- Assist with general maintenance of the database.
- ‘Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- Medical Assistant